Nonprofit Internships at Churches for Middle East Peace
Churches for Middle East Peace (CMEP) is a coalition of 27 Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant national churches and church related organizations that maintains an ongoing dialogue with Congress, the Administration, and the diplomatic community to advance concerns, assessments, and advocacy positions that are related to Middle East peace.
- Are you interested in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
- Do you want experience in the nonprofit sector?
If you answered "yes" to either of those questions, CMEP has an internship for you!
CMEP is looking for interns in the following areas:
- Operations and Development
- Legislative Affairs
- Church Engagement
Interns will participate in tasks such as:
- Researching for the weekly bulletin and other special projects
- Creating and improving resources on the CMEP website
- Engaging with supporters and expanding CMEP's social media presence
- Developing fundraising strategies and engaging current and prospective donors
- Supporting CMEP in our work with Congress
- Devoloping resources for church partners
- Learning more about the role of effective database management in nonprofits
Requirements: We are seeking resourceful, hardworking, and organized college or graduate students with excellent communication, writing, and editing skills. Web research of academic quality, and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as Google Apps are necessary. Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently, and committed to Churches for Middle East Peace's goals. Preferred candidates will be able to commit to interning 15-40 hours a week for 3-12 months in Washington, D.C.
CMEP is conveniently located on Capitol Hill near the orange/blue/silver lines (Capitol South) and the red line (Union Station)
We accept applications on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Upcoming Internship Sessions: (Dates are somewhat flexible, please mention in your cover letter the dates you are available.)
Summer 2017: Start: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Fall 2017: Start: Wednesday, Sept 4, 2017
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with PDF files of your:
- Cover letter explaining your relevant skills and experience and why you are interested in interning for CMEP
- Two page writing sample (optional, but preferred for those wishing to do research projects)