Military Programs Coordinator
Military Programs Coordinator
Office of Military Partnerships
Regular, Exempt, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Military Programs Coordinator in the Office of Military Partnerships, based in Largo, MD. The Military Programs Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Military Portals, Programs, and Partnerships, will work within a team and is responsible for a number of processes and tasks that all must be done on a daily basis in an extremely accurate manner on a very tight deadline.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Process daily GoArmyEd (GAE) registrations and drop withdrawals from the GAE military portal into UMUC's PeopleSoft system to include all of the related coordination
- Process daily Relocation requests from students transferring between campuses accurately and expeditiously so that students can register
- Loading programs and courses into the various military portal systems by the required dates and submitting grades and responding to individual requests to load grades in all of the various military portals. This would also include late grades, changing grades and incomplete grades.
- Manage the GAE student case queue and respond to student CRM cases in the GAE within 24 hours of submission to include all of the required research and coordination.
- Perform other jobs as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in student advising, student support, program management or any combination of the three. Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail, be self-motivated, and a multi-tasker who can get the job done with little supervision. Proficiency in Microsoft Applications also required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prior working experience with military students and knowledge of a student CRM system such as Salesforce is desired.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
Effective April 1, 2013 and going forward, all stateside external hires that apply to and are accepted for a UMUC stateside staff or collegiate faculty position, will be subject to the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background review. This includes, but is not limited to, employment and education verification and criminal records check.
UMUC - an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.