Wireless Security Requirements Engineer w/ Polygraph
This position supports a continuous wireless monitoring program with specific focus on Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS) capabilities. The position is responsible for leading and documenting the requirements to implement enterprise defensive wireless capabilities. The program has responsibility to design, deploy, operate, and monitor capabilities to detect and respond to anomalous wireless activity with Sponsor buildings. The position will oversee all project phases in the selection and deployment of various products in the execution of continuous monitoring assessments and mitigation of unauthorized wireless devices.
Specific Duties May Include:
* Lead team's Wireless Defense Strategy, initially centered around WIDS Tiger Team to define and document program requirements, goals, and objectives
* Lead/manage a team of WIDS engineering experts to design next ge neration WIDS capabilities
* Lead/manage a team to oversee the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of WIDS capabilities
* Coordinate efforts with other entities to formulate strategic partnerships to define requiremetns and implementation strategy
* Coordinate efforts to document and obtain approvals related to WIDS as they relate to operational responsibilities that include legal, security, and engineering needs
* Develop and present reports detailing the findings of various wireless assessments
* Coordinate and/or conduct research on wireless products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry
* Periodically assess the evolving WIDS requirements and propose upgrades to existing WIDS configurations to ensure effective and optimal WIDS performance
Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
* 8-10 years of related experience
* Strong technical background with focus on cyber security
* Very strong written and verbal communicaiton skills and the ability to coordinate and manage requirements gathering
* Previous experience gathering, documenting, and implementing program requirements
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Hands-on experience with enterprise-level WIDS engineering, design, deployment, and operation
* Demonstrated understanding of radio frequencies, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.15 protocols, and cellular products
* Experience with WIDS tools
* Experience with RF Spectrum analysis tools
* Experience a nd understanding of wireless vulnerabilities and WLAN-specific security threats, software weaknesses, and mitigation strategies
* Security related certifications (e.g., CWNA, CWSP, GIAC AWN)
Occasional local travel may be required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.