Windows Systems Engineer (TS-SCI w/ Poly)
As a Windows Systems Engineer, you are accountable for the organization’s technical platform infrastructure, providing high quality, secure, and resilient support to the client’s business needs. You are responsible for supporting the Windows operating system and Citrix Desktop environments. In addition, you will analyze system capacity and throughput metrics to adjust the configurations to maintain optimal user workload and performance. You will install new systems and perform modifications of existing systems to include system patching and application installation and configuration as needed. On occasion, hybrid computer systems may be built to solve mission-specific engineering problems. You are responsible for merging published desktops to the cloud environment.
You need to be knowledgeable in multiple current technology areas to include: client/server systems, Citrix XenApp 6.5 and 7.x, networking hardware, protocols and administr ation, project management, and system integration across multi-tiered IT environments. You are required to recognize and recommend new emerging technologies or software to satisfy functional requirements and processes.
You must provide highly technical and specialized guidance concerning automation solutions to complex information processing problems related to the client’s environment.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
* Active TS-SCI with Full Scope Polygraph security clearance.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
* 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
* Demonstrated hands on experience with Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 and 2012 R2
* Knowledge of Cloud technologies
* Experience deploying applications to Published desktops
*Working knowledge of 2003, 2008/R2, and 2012 R2 Active Directory concepts
* Experience with VDI technology (XenDesktop, StoreFront)
* Hands on experience with Windows Operating Systems (XP, Win7, Win8, Win10)
* Advanced knowledge of GPO and DNS concepts
* Terminal Server Experience
* SQL installation and configuration experience
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience in briefing customers on current and future tasks and requirements.
* Security + or Network +
* Windows PowerShell
* Citrix command line tools
* Cloud experience
* HP NetTop
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.