ERG is seeking dynamic and technically-sound candidates for an energy engineering/analyst position to enhance the Energy Program Team in a direct client-facing consulting role for federal agencies located in Arlington, VA. This position will serve as a key team member in the promotion and progress of energy efficiency and sustainability through planning, implementation, analysis, and reporting of activities conducted through the program. In response to Executive Order 13693, the Energy Security and Independence Act of 2007 (EISA 2007) and other federal mandates and policies, ERG consultants have provided invaluable support services to federal agencies spanning a variety of energy, sustainability, and environmental issues.
- Developing agency-level energy management strategies and energy master plan.
- Retrieving, processing, and analyzing building utility meter data.
- Reviewing design and construction drawings through an energy and sustainability lens.
- Reviewing LEED documentation and overseeing certification process.
- Researching and developing energy efficiency projects, including feasibility analysis of technologies, and calculation of energy and lifecycle cost savings.
- Overseeing and managing implementation of energy efficiency projects and initiatives.
- BS degree in engineering, business or similar technical degree. MS, MA or MBA degree a plus. PE, CEM or LEED AP a plus. Minimum 3.2 GPA.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in energy management, energy policy, energy efficiency, sustainability, commissioning, facility engineering, or HVAC design.
- Knowledge of building systems, e.g., lighting, HVAC, data centers, controls, chillers, boilers, cogeneration. Experience with Trane TRACE, Carrier HAP, eQUEST, or other energy modeling software a plus.
- Self-motivated and quick, adaptive learner in a changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to varied audiences, e.g., executive directors, mid-level managers, engineers, operators.
- Strong team player and motivator with ability to foster cooperation and make decisions with groups of government and consulting team members.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Access, SAS or other data management software a plus.
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, FSAs, a generous 401k plan, profit sharing, an EAP, paid overtime, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. For more information about ERG, please visit www.erg.com. An EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.