Business Development Specialist
Altarum Institute, a nonprofit healthcare systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, is pleased to announce an opening for a business development specialist to support our Center for Payment Innovations and Systems Research & Initiatives service lines. This position can be based out of Washington D.C. or a remote location.
The business development specialist will be responsible for developing new business relationships that would benefit our combined product and service lines. This would include identifying, reaching out to, and engaging with potential channel partners and direct customers. It would also entail going to certain trade shows and representing Altarum at those events and creating new relationships.
- Packaging and selling products/services for our Center for Payment Innovations and Systems Research & Initiatives service lines to a targeted market
- Bringing back the voice of the customer to help prioritize product development/roadmap
- Working with internal team SMEs to gain comprehensive knowledge of product features and capabilities
- Following up on leads and leveraging marketing materials
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Presenting to specific target audiences
- Developing a deep understanding of service offerings
- Assist with defining the next generation of products and services that would fill needs in the market
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Professional experience within either a benefits consulting firm or a healthcare analytics vendor
- Experience selling products/services/solutions to payers, provider organizations, or states
- Comfortable with complex/sophisticated product lines and services
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Proven track record for achieving results and sales targets
- Comfortable with C-suites
- Demonstrated experience managing product/service lines
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.