As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. The successful candidate will be an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the Health Care industry. At the core of this role, it is expected that the candidate is able to effectively create a development/technology roadmap that supports business initiatives through strong experience in systems and application architecture, collaboration with experienced team members and direct, hands-on development activity.Responsibilities Include:
- Strong negotiation skills to facilitate solution implementations with business and technical organizationsStrong technical facilitation skills and ability to lead and coordinate highly technical solutions with senior technical leaders and lead software engineers.Develop technical roadmap that aligns to supporting business initiatives.Develop a set of technical standards to lead future application development.Provide decision making support for technology usage and selection.Architect, design, code, and implement highly scalable and reliable web applications using Java and .NET technologies.Develop and deploy applications for various application servers including JBoss and WebSphere.Develop software components to support data enrichment and transformation in a high traffic transactional data and data warehouse environment.Provide development estimates outlining business and technical risks.Develop and deploy developed systems in an iterative, incremental process that fully incorporates testing.Identify and significantly contribute, where appropriate, to Enterprise initiatives.Provide technical and business explanation and justification for an architectural, design, and coding approaches.Contribute advanced web services through the development of web technologies that include HTML, Servlets, JSP/JSF, EJB and .NET technologies.Provide solutions that incorporate standard data formats exchanges based on XML.Ability to work under tight time constraints with changing requirements.Perform and actively participate in formal requirement, design, and code reviews.Mentor team members as needed. Provide performance review feedback on development team members.Provide thorough, automated test harnesses for developed solutions.Provide recommendations on development tools and practices based on experience, best practices, and acquired learning.Develop data persistence and transmission based on XML and commercial and open source relational databases.Regularly update technical and business teams as to plans, progress, and issues.Provide constructive comments, mentoring, and reviews of peer solutions.Ability to work under tight time constraints with changing requirements.Produce high quality software following best practices.Produce excellent, thorough, and concise requirements, design, and development documentation.Analyze and develop designs for entire enterprise systems (applications, databases, data warehouses) to meet business requirementsPlan, design, enforce, and audit policies and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems, files, and data elementsGather and assemble information to support risk assessment and security vulnerabilities of client and corporate enterprise systemsAssemble, deliver and share technical information and training materials used across many technical disciplines and staff roles
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Masters Degree Preferred.
- 15-20 years of overall software development experience with proven experience in the following areas:
- Developing foundational software architecture and common solutions across two or more products
- Leading software engineering solutions
- Full life cycle development with an emphasis on inremental, iterative development and depoloyment
- Development experience with development tools including Java (Java SDK, EJB, Servlets, and JSP/JSF) and Windows (.NET, C#, .ASP). Development must consist of deployed, large distributed systems across multiple platforms.
- Development experience on SQL databases (Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server) and XML
- Web development experience including HTML, DHTML and other server-side technologies
- Object Oriented design and development
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal skills from both business and technical perspectives.
- Ability to clearly articulate technical roadmap and delivery plans to senior leadership
- Preferred Proficiency Certification(s) on one or more programming technologies, or demonstrated subject matter expertise equivalent (example: Sun Certified Java Developer, Architect)