End User Support Technician
Responsible for support to end user community on hardware, software, printers, and network related questions. This includes moves, installations for new hires, and related training for end users. Must possess a wide range of technical skill and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at customer sites. Follows all related FAA guidelines and procedures. Uses the Incident and Change Management System.
- Service Request Management. Respond to tickets, email, call-ins, and in-person requests. Every request is documented in a ticket. Troubleshoots and handles issues, requests or problems with operating systems, applications and remote access for the end-user community. Defines and classifies level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue. Responsible for opening, tracking and closing trouble tickets that ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction. Documents, tracks, and monitors Service Desk calls to track status of tickets and ensures tickets are closed promptly upon completion of requests.Install and configure FAA-issued hardware: computer workstations, laptop computers, tablets, and hand-held devicesPerforms life cycle management (LCM) of FAA-issued equipment, to replace equipment as it runs out of warranty coverage.Coordinates priorities with numerous functional areas to ensure timely completionProvides operational support such as incident resolution, incident escalation, critical situation disposition and closure. As needed, acts as the primary interface for both internal and external costumers Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution for multiple locations and networks Follows IT security procedures and reports any suspicious activityCreates and manages user and computer accounts
- A+ certification required
- Certification in Microsoft Win7, Office 2010, and Microsoft Networking required
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician (MSCDT) preferred
- Microsoft Systems Engineer (MCSE) and Novell Certified Network Engineer (CNI) preferred
- ITIL and HDI certifications preferred