GENERAL SUPPLY SPECIALIST
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25.
WARNING: Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Provided all criteria is met in accordance with DODI 1400.25 Vol 2005, dtd 3/3/12, the individual selected for this position may be extended up to five years or made permanent without further competition.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (excluding Army)
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Permanent Federal Employee eligible to be reappointed
- Veteran with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Disabled Veteran with a service-connected disability of more than 10%/less than 30%
- Applicant eligible for 10-Point Other veteran's rating or Derived Veterans' Preference
- Veteran eligible for 5-Point Preference
- U.S. Citizens
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary travel up to 20% of the time within and outside of the Continental United States.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience in managing a logistics/supply inspection program; managing and inspecting property books; and identifying inventory discrepancies.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Supply Management
- Skill in Property Book Management
- Knowledge of Inventories and Inspections
- Knowledge of the Government Purchase Card Program
NOTE: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency so long as it was at a level at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the series.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- The position requires the incumbent to possess, obtain, and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Incumbent is required to participate in the Civilian Drug Testing Program and will be required to take a preemployment urinalysis test.
- Must pass the organization's Personnel Reliability Program which includes credit check, drug screening, polygraph and psychological evaluation.
- The position may requirement temporary duty travel up to 20% of the time.
- Incumbent must be willing to work overtime and irregular hours.
- Must sign a statement attesting to the understanding of DCIPS provisions.