Do you live for local food or eager to share the stories of family farmers across the country?
Then American Farmland Trust's Membership team wants you!
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual who is interested in joining our team of dedicated family farmer advocates. Working directly with the Manager of Membership and Special Gifts, you will help find new and exciting ways to highlight the work and success of family farmers to our members and supporters.
You will learn about the struggles facing family farmers throughout the United States, help craft new ways to share that information with our audiences, and lead certain projects that move family farmers forward.
Now a closer look at what you'll do
This position supports the Membership Department through fundraising, gift processing, and member engagement. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with constituents daily on the phone and email
- Assisting the membership team in preparing the quarterly newsletter, email updates, social media content, and other outreach projects
- Maintaining donor information databases including (but not limited to) Raiser's Edge and Convio with honesty and integrity
- Assisting with Member Appeals, Cultivations, and Acquisitions
- Processing Credit Cards and over-the-phone donations
- Producing weekly and monthly revenue reports for online gifts
- Special larger projects depending on applicants skill-set and area of greatest interest
You are expected to work 35 hours a week
Strong communication skills are a must. College graduate, preferably with experience in fundraising, marketing, or communications. Should be interested in American Farmland Trust's mission and be comfortable juggling multiple tasks with enthusiasm. Must have experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Experience with databases such as Raiser's Edge and Convio is preferred.
This is a paid position.
DEADLINE: Open until filled.
American Farmland Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.