Communications Internship for Climate and Clean Energy - Summer 2017
Communications Internship for Climate and Clean Energy
David Gardiner & Associates (DGA) offers an unpaid full-time 12-week internship program to undergraduate and graduate students. DGA is in the process of developing a more robust online presence. To that end, we have developed an internship opportunity that will focus primarily on communications-related work, based on exposure to and involvement with DGA projects. The job description for that intern follows.
The intern will participate with DGA staff to communicate about our work related to:
- Corporate sustainability
- Energy efficiency policy
- Renewable energy policy and financing
- Industrial energy efficiency and Combined Heat and Power
- Clean Air Act rules
- Energy policy and financing
- Climate change policy
- Electricity markets and regulation
More specifically, the intern will work closely with staff to gain experience by drafting blog posts, managing social media and websites, tracking news related to our work, developing Twitter campaigns, conducting research, attending meetings, briefings, and relevant seminars, writing summaries, etc. We work with the intern to assign projects that will increase their knowledge in energy and climate policy and communications while supporting their particular strengths and interests. As a member of the DGA team, interns receive in-depth experience and exposure to DGA's expertise and clients as they work with project supervisors who provide background information, clear direction, and feedback regarding the intern's efforts.
The goal of DGA's Internship Program is that the intern receives a high-quality learning experience in a business environment which will increase their knowledge and experience, bolster their professional resume, and benefit from being a dedicated member of the DGA team and networking opportunities made available throughout the internship.
The successful intern will possess the following qualities/skills:
- Current enrollment in undergraduate or graduate program
- Strong academic and/or work experience in communications specifically related to climate and energy policy and sustainability and a strong interest in and thirst-for-learning-more about the field
- Interest in tracking news related to climate and energy
- Experience or familiarity with Twitter, WordPress, Google Analytics, and basic search engine optimization
- An eye for graphic presentation and formatting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated worker; eager to ask questions
- Diligent and high attention to detail
- Values high-quality work and importance of deadlines
- Familiarity with the US political process
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and sense of humor
Internship dates: mid-late May 2017 - mid-August 2017 (dates are flexible)
- public transportation stipend provided
Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com no later than April 7, 2017. Early submission is recommended.