Community Mediation Program Intern
The Center for Dispute Settlement (CDS), a nonprofit leader in conflict resolution for over 45 years, seeks an intern to assist with community mediation programs and help provide general administrative support. Candidate must be highly organized and resourceful with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Intern will assist with case management (maintaining the case database, intake process, scheduling and monitoring) for CDS's community mediation programs. Intern will have the opportunity to observe/attend actual mediations.
Position also requires general office administrative duties and periodic support of other programs as needed.
This unpaid internship is ideal for individuals seeking experience in the conflict resolution field. For more information about CDS's programs and work, please review our website. If you have any questions and would like to contact CDS, please click here.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Weekly Obligation: Flexible hours, 15-20 hours weekly
- Demonstrated computer skills, including ability to utilize database and other office software applications including Microsoft Access and Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact effectively with diverse group of volunteers, staff, and clients.
- Mediation training and/or experience.
- Familiarity with mediation/conflict resolution field.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability helpful.
Position is ideal for candidate seeking experience in the conflict resolution field. The internship could eventually lead to full-time paid position for a particularly highly-motivated, entrepreneurial candidate.