Manager, Customer Quality Assurance
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16770.Enterprise Program Management Office
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: Yes**PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION REQUIRES CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE WORKING IN THE COMMERCIAL SATELLITE OR TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRIES**
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Manager, Customer Care leads a Customer Care team to provide highly skilled customer care support for Intelsat customers as well as post-sales support to strategic customer accounts. Leads team which proactively manages the customers' service needs to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and that their expectations are met. Coordinates the research and resolution in regards to exception problem management of customer troubles and issues. Such interaction is initiated by customers through phone, tickets, internal escalation, email and/or portal communications Takes ownership of the request to ensure complete and accurate resolution.
Leads development of repeatable frameworks to ensure scalability of Customer Care: assurance, relations and performance management activities. Strategic thinker with continuous improvement mindset.
Tactically and strategically link Customer Care with senior management's vision and objectives. Work directly with senior-executive level management within Intelsat and Externally (Customers) to build effective relationships and resolve escalated issues. Foster cross functional relationships as they relate to Customer Care.
- Manage all technical, procedural and operational aspects of the Customer Relations, Assurance Management, Customer Advocacy, and Performance Management, with activities such as: providing direction and oversight and ensuring quality of customer care.
- Provide leadership, development, coaching, mentoring- creating and managing a highly motivated team, promoting teamwork, providing a quality work environment.
- Manage staff development and training through established HR guidelines.
- Provide a high level of customer care including proactively establishing relationships with customers and managing expectations.
- Develop and/or improve business processes company-wide to support operations, commercial teams, and our customers.
- Drive continuous improvement through process review and development for existing and new services and products to enhance customer experience.
- Ensure applications and tools related to Customer Care are capable of supporting new technologies and reporting.
- Contribute on behalf of Customer Care to Intelsat Corporate Initiatives.
- Support cross functional teams e.g., sales, operations, engineering, marketing and corporate communications management to enhance internal business policies and procedures to improve customer care, satisfaction and retention.
- Manage corporate service escalation process development and implementation of customer communications.
- 24/7/365 Service related & daily operations emergency.
- Service interruption: internal & customer consultation and contacts (internal & client).
- Post-emergency reporting with service interruption details and corrective solutions.
- Manage select customer projects (as needed). Support proposals, develop project plan and act as customer interface into cross functional teams relating to Customer Care e.g., Operations, Engineering and Commercial teams.
- Identify systemic issues with customer networks and provide recommendations for solutions based on customer interaction.
- Communicate with customer contacts to understand and anticipate their issues at all phases of customer life-cycle (e.g., new services, understanding existing services, or post-sales support).
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience), with at least ten years of relevant experience.
- Must have excellent management and leadership skills, including prior people management experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including prior experience in presenting technical data and metrics to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentations skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms (e.g., Business Acumen).
- Knowledge of Intelsat customer base or comparable service provider experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of Intelsat Satellites and globalized networks preferred or comparable service provider experience.
- Must be organized with ability to track many work streams, while actively prioritizing
- Excellent Customer Management Experience and Executive Level interfacing service skills.
- Experience interfacing with Customer's Executive management in a Customer Relations, Assurance & Advocacy Program Management role to solve issues, grow their business, and anticipate customer needs.
- Strong record of ability to improve customer satisfaction and customer experience.
- Multitask addressing either multiple issues with one customer or multiple issues amongst multiple customers.
- Must be able to develop relationships with engineering and operations staff to implement new services.
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to Intelsat locations and/or customer locations to maintain relationship with internal/external customers' upper management.
- Understanding of Intelsat solutions or comparable service provider experience (e.g., Data & Telecoms, Media, Mobility, Energy, Satellite Operations & Consulting and Government Solutions).
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.