The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 3.6 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on health care issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Program Operations within the department of Nursing Practice and Innovation, the incumbent will manage operations related to the Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation Grand Challenge, and other key initiatives as assigned to advance ANA’s strategic plan. Responsibilities will include managing external partner and vendor relationships, managing data collection and reporting processes, and coordinating across ANA Enterprise departments to ensure fiscal sustainability of assigned initiatives.
*Collaborate with other ANA Enterprise departments, including Products, Business Development, Information Technology, Marketing and Communications, to develop and support an effective business model for ongoing success and fiscal sustainability of strategic initiatives.
*Develop and execute process for vetting and approving requests from prospective sponsors and partners to ensure that external relationships align with strategic priorities. Manage data collection and delivery and track progress related to Key Performance Indicators for assigned programs and initiatives.
*Serve as a point of contact for internal project management related to IT.
*Respond to written and verbal inquiries from ANA members, program participants, and other partners related to assigned initiatives.
*Represents the ANA Enterprise as a spokesperson for assigned programs at trade shows, conferences, and professional organization meetings as delegated by the Director.
Bachelor’s degree, in business administration, health care management, or other relevant leadership position required. Master’s degree preferred, MBA highly preferred.
Related Work Experience
Minimum of five years of progressive experience related to complex project and program management including development, implementation and continual evaluation, with demonstrated positive outcomes. Business development skills necessary especially experience initiating and evaluating new product ideas and translating into usable products. Experience with social media platforms including participant engagement in common forms of social media, experience in project management and product management desired; certification is highly preferred. Experience in health care preferred.
• Ability to work easily and effectively to provide project team support. Displays competence in constructing and writing analytical and informational material.
• Proficient in computer skills needed to support project tactics and is willing to learn new technologies as needed. Familiarity with technological software and hardware platforms that support program management.
• Experience with quality management processes and exposure to budget and financial systems preferred.
• Ability to solve problems and exercise objective judgment while maintaining exceptional customer service. Maintain flexibility to deal with changing priorities and workload demands.
• Must be a team player, able to take initiative, and to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Must possess the ability to interact professionally and appropriately when with ANA Enterprise employees at all levels, program participants, external partners, and other organizations and key initiative stakeholders.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement, pending availability of funds
• Flexible Spending Accounts