- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of software applications and problems.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Participates in the generation of reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Provides guidance to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Required:*Secret Security Clearanace Required
- Strong object oriented programming skills in Java and/or C++.
- Experience in object oriented analysis and design (utilizing UML).
- Practical experience with distributed processing, multi-threading and multi-tasking software solutions.
- Linux development experience.
- Experience using continuous integration and code analysis tools.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT, Mercurial).
- Thorough understanding of the complete software development lifecycle including estimation and planning, design and architecture, development, testing, integration and deployment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Understanding of underwater acoustics and/or experience in developing real-time tactical submarine subsystems is a plus 5-8 years of related software development experience. As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.