Triton System Administrator - 1220
The MIL Corporation seeks Triton System Administrators to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent River, Maryland location. The Triton System Administrator will interface between the RDT&E network and its external labs, performing database administration and management support. Work hours are 2:30pm to Midnight.
• Ensure configuration control procedures
• Document maintenance, repair, and test activities
• Create and maintain user accounts, and install hardware/software
• Monitor status of LAN/WAN and circuit switching systems
• Operate test equipment to ensure circuit, system, and network signals meet minimum standards; perform circuit, systems, and network patching and cross connecting to establish, sustain, and restore service
• Perform QA evaluations to ensure compliance with technical orders and manufacturer specification sheets
• Control physical data link and transport layers of installed communications and computer systems required to operate cryptographic equipment
• Analyze equipment capabilities and performance, and diagnoses and repairs problems
• Maintain and create reports, schematics, and databases
• Research data and develop analytical techniques and methodologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or an information technology-intensive discipline; AA/AS and 7 years -OR- HS/GED and 9 years of relevant experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree; a Master's degree will be considered in lieu of 2 years of professional experience
• 5 years of experience in system administration of LAN/WAN systems, network security, systems maintenance, systems monitoring/reporting, requirements analysis, requirements planning, resource scheduling, CM, and documentation management
• 8570 IAT Level II certification
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Very good attention to detail
• Knowledge of Linux
HS/GED and 9 years of relevant experience
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.