The Employment Specialist (Support) hires, places and retains all staff with emphasis on support and non-licensed staff; facilitates the hiring of summer school applicants (e.g.; offer letters for support, licensed and administrators, track and document location and pay rates for HR purposes, payroll and the summer locations). This job reports to the Director of Employee Services.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in job related area required.
- Experience: Job related experience within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility required.
- Certificates & Licenses: HR Certification preferred, not required.
- Assists and supports school principals and other supervisors with hiring, placing and retaining support staff.
- Assists the Employment Specialist (Licensed) (e.g. post positions, assist applicants with submitting applications, etc.) by providing backup to the application process.
- Coordinates the interviewing and hiring of substitute teachers.
- Attends meetings and workshops to record events, convey and/or receive information.
- Classifies positions to appropriate grade and step to make hiring offers.
- Compiles and processes information/documents for all new hire folders to ensure documents are submitted.
- Coordinates schedules, meetings and activities to support director/department staff with operational activities.
- Inputs interview records from recruitment fairs to ensure complete and accurate data.
- Maintains a wide variety of files and records (manual/computer; confidential/non-confidential) to provide documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
- Monitors assigned departmental activities and/or program components (e.g. substitute calling system, support staff application process, accident reporting, processing new/seasonal/part time employees, etc.) to ensure that goals are achieved, target dates are met and financial, legal and/or administrative requirements are satisfied.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. reports, graphs and charts, sliders, etc.) to document activities, provide written reference and/or convey information.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries from internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) to provide information, facilitate communication among parties and/or provide direction.
- Supports assigned administrative and department personnel with administrative functions.
- Tracks and records division wide termination of employment information to gather data for improving working conditions and retaining employees.
- Updates HR forms and documents annually (e.g. interview record form, I-9 forms, no benefits packets) to ensure that the forms are complete and accurate.
- Visits school and office sites to assess and resolve staffing issues.
- Assists other personnel and performs other duties as may be required to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.