6 days left
- Full Time
The Academic Principal assists the Principal in leading the instructional program and ensures its alignment with division regulations for curriculum design and assessment. Provides and promotes a state-of-the-art curriculum and superior instructional delivery for the success of all students. This job reports to the Director of Equity and the Executive Director of Secondary Programs.
- Education: Master's degree in related field.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Administrative and teaching experience related to working in socio-economically and culturally diverse school settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in evidence based curriculum design, assessment, and instructional practices.
- Documented experience in leading secondary educational program development and implementation, including professional development in evidence bases best practices for diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, administrators, families, and community members.
- Assists the Student Services administration in the selection, assignment, orientation and evaluation of assigned teachers and staff.
- Collaborates with school based and central office personnel to ensure the rigor, excellence, and relevance of school curriculum offerings, implementation process, and program evaluation initiatives.
- Communicates the school instructional program, goals and objectives to parents and the community.
- Contributes to the school mission and goals to provide a positive learning climate and supportive community.
- Designs and works collaboratively with staff to ensure the effectiveness of ongoing and job-embedded professional development programs and practices.
- Provides ongoing leadership in use of goals and objectives articulated in the ACPS strategic plan and benchmark metrics specified in the ACPS Education Plan.
- Provides input for budget execution in curriculum implementation, professional development, and relevant instruction areas to monitor the expenditure of funds.
- Provides ongoing feedback to staff via formal and informal observations designed to ensure the effectiveness of instruction delivery systems in all content and programs areas.
- Provides ongoing leadership to ensure high levels of student achievement for all learners, including achievement of school improvement planning benchmarks and related Division goals.
- Supports staff and teachers to provide support with student accountability and attendance appeals process.
- Supports the EAP in supervising and managing all facets of curriculum implementation at the school, emphasizing preparation of graduates for success in post-secondary educational setting and the world of work.
- Works collaboratively with teachers, counselors, administrators, and other educators to ensure the implementation of a viable and reliable balanced assessment process, including effective diagnostic/pre-assessment, formative, and summative assessment.
- Works with the Student Services administration and staff to prepare State and Federal reports as needed.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.