Principal Analyst, Infomation Security, CND TS/SCI
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Position covers broad spectrum of computer network defense (CND) functions such as threat assessment, signature repository, vulnerability assessments, network event detection, response and countermeasure deployment.
* Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
* Analysis and triage of network anomalies that should be considered Events of Interest (EOI). Provide basic assessment of the anomaly, designate it as an EOI and coordinate response with CND response team.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
* Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
* Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* May serve as a technical team or task leader.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
* Must have a good understanding of networks at the packet level and be able to analyze packet captures at the expert level.
* Must have experience using CND tools such as Enterprise Security Information and Event Management Systems (SIEM), Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS, IPS), Web Content Monitoring Systems (Palo Alto), Firewall and Syslog logs.
* Must have experience creating content in Splunk to hunt for malicious activity and ability to assist with implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls.
* Must be able to review multiple data sources to gather Indications and Warnings and Attack Sensing and Warnings information.
* 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration; and/or cybersecurity/information assurance experience.
* Must have TS/SCI and be willing to obtain and maintain CI Poly.
* Must be willing to work shifts in support of 24X7X365 operations.
* Requires Both DOD8570 IAT-III and CNDSP Specialty Incident Responder Certifications to start work.