Project/Task Supervisor, TS/SCI required
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or task(s).
At this level, the position is typically responsible for supervising up to 15 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt - working on a single project or task. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned task/project may also affect level selection.
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned task(s), including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned task(s).
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
13. 5-8 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
Candidate will work as a project coordinator as well as a site lead supervising projects, employees and subcontractors.
1) Knowledge and experience with IT systems is required.
2) Knowledge and experience in IT project management is required.
3) Knowledge and experience supervising diverse teams and employees is required.
4) Employee will be a direct interface with local government customer.
5) Employee will ensure that all contract requirements are met.
6) Some occasional travel will be required.
7) Occasional evening or weekends may be required.
8) 8570 certification and compliance, while not required, is highly beneficial.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.