Network Control Specialist - TS/SCI req'd
* Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
* Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
* Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
* Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
* Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
* May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
* May perform network administration duties.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
* This position requires 12-hour rotating shifts on a 24x7 in a Network Operations Center
* This position requires very little to no supervison
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e., CompTIA Security+, or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. In addition, must have the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date. Due to the sensitive nature of the work performed for this government customer, candidates m ust be willing to submit to and pass a polygraph.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.