Environmental Safety/Occupational Health-ESOH
Avisar is seeking an experienced Environmental Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH) practitioner with significant expertise in the field to work for our DOD client full-time at Ft. Belvoir, VA. Position requires providing policy, oversight, and technical consultation on ESOH matters and developing and implementing safety/occupational related training materials/programs for use by Agency personnel. This is a great opportunity to join an excellent team of professionals that are mission-driven and collaborative. The following outlined areas are not all inclusive, but are indicative of day-to-day tasks of the position:
- Develop and implement programs specifically designed to improve the safety of the workplace and reduce the frequency, severity and cost of accidents and occupational illnesses.
- Create short and long term plans of action and program status reports.
- Develop and coordinate written policy and educational materials and conduct informational briefings.
- Perform periodic inspections and evaluations to determine compliance with appropriate occupational safety and health regulations.
- Conduct surveys of facilities and equipment related to the full range of work operations.
- Review plans and specifications for new construction, major building alterations, and/or changes in facility equipment to ensure compliance with safety codes and standards.
- Plan and carry out formal investigations of reportable and non-reportable accidents, as appropriate, involving personal injury accidents and property covering a wide range of work operations and a substantial number and diversity of hazards.
- Provide technical safety training instruction to supervisors, employees, and collateral duty safety officers on a wide range of work operations areas, such as traffic safety, supervisor safety, collateral duty safety officer, proper storage of hazardous materials, and building evacuation procedures.
- Consult on ergonomic principles and conduct ergonomic assessments.
Candidate will require a security clearance at the SECRET level for this position.
Avisar is an EOE, offering a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that values excellence and rewards effort. If interested, please send a resume along with a cover letter, salary requirements, and security clearance information to email@example.com, Please put "ESOH Specialist" in the subject line. No phone calls please.