Secretary - Multifamily
The Multifamily Housing Practice Group represents lenders active in the multifamily housing industry, closing loans secured by multifamily projects and delivering those loans to secondary market investors.
Provides high level support to multiple attorneys in the Multifamily Housing Practice Group, including the revision of complex loan documents to complete loan transactions following detailed and precise instructions from the attorneys and appropriate lenders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers phones promptly and efficiently, answers inquiries as appropriate or directs callers to correct person/department.
- Coordinates projects in a proactive manner, collaborating with the firm's administrative departments to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Makes business related travel and reservation arrangements and prepares expense reports; maintains calendar schedule and contact lists.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follows through on issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision; takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met.
- Complete revisions for full sets of loan documents to close loan transactions, following detailed and precise instructions from the attorneys and appropriate lenders.
- Responsible for preparing black line document comparisons to identify revisions.
- Responsible for preparing signature pages required in the loan documents.
- Responsible for preparing and assembling Expedited and ASAP delivery packages of final loan documents according to the precise requirements of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, and appropriate lenders.
- Coding and entering attorney time data into the time and billing system.
- Prepares and submits attorneys expense reports.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years or more preferred experience working in a law firm environment/real estate experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, anticipating preparations prior to completion of deals in order to meet mandatory deadlines.
- Work at a high level of efficiency and multi-task with large volume of work and remain calm under pressure, meeting demanding deadlines
- Must have outstanding organizational skills.
- Must have flexibility to work frequent overtime.
- Must be dependable and have a strong work ethic.