- Responsible for overall database reliability and availability including planning, coordinating and administering computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long and short range requirements, operational guidelines, protection and logical-physical database design.
- Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends relevant COTS software tools.
- Collaborates with software engineers, security administration, computer operators, network management and system administrators to ensure quality and integrity of databases, applications, software and data.
- Responsible for performance monitoring, database tuning, identification and correction of performance bottlenecks.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Assists in analyzing and determining information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Helps coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Assists in reviewing business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Stay current on vendor’s best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- Highly developed research and analytical skills — must work with data and pinpoint statistically significant patterns related to cyber threats.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid teamwork skills - the ability to collaborate with others who are conducting research in the same, similar or different areas
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.