- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
GPO managementSTIG reviews and mitigationCreate and track POA&Ms and exceptionsWork with security team to address vulnerabilitiesPatch ManagementACAS reportingSecurity Center reportingWindows server 2008\2012 DFS\DFSR knowledgeSCCM 2001\2012 client repairPosition will require on call support and occasional night and weekend work.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested. Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access.Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.