Fall 2017 Student Honors Business Program (Graduate)
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to volunteer alongside our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nation's securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
The SEC is seeking bright, innovative, results-oriented individuals for our Student Honors Business Program for graduate and professional degree seeking students in the Washington, DC Office and our Regional Offices. We offer graduate students robust responsibilities and experiences that enhance their potential careers. Over the course of the semester based program, students work with Commission staff on projects particular to the specific Division or Office to which they are assigned. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in seminars/workshops, and roundtable discussions that will provide detailed information and guidance on securities regulations and laws.
The Fall 2017 Student Honors Business Program for graduate students will officially begin August 28, 2017 and conclude November 17, 2017.
- Not Required
Graduate students must be enrolled at least half-time (9 credit hours per semester or the equivalent) in an accredited college or university to participate in the Student Honors Business Program.
- Must be accepted or enrolled as a graduate student as of August 31, 2017.
- Must be taking at least half-time academic course load
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Relatives of current SEC employees are ineligible
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
2. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
3. Qualified applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and submit a complete application package are forwarded for consideration to the locations to which they have applied. Representatives from the locations may contact candidates directly for interviews.
4. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Invitations to participate in the program is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of invitation or selection to another opportunity.