Summer 2017 Intern, Project on Incarceration (Criminal Justice)
5 days left
- Full Time
Convergence Center for Policy Resolution seeks an Intern to support our Project on Incarceration. We are most interested in individuals with interest in, knowledge of, and possibly experience with, incarceration and criminal justice issues.
The Project on Incarceration Intern will have the opportunity to contribute in the following ways:
- Perform substantive research on relevant issues.
- Draft briefing notes and reports for the project team and stakeholders.
- Provide support for internal and external meetings; including preparing materials, logistics management, and note-taking.
- Participate in interviews with leading criminal justice academics, analysts, and stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support to Director and Project Staff.
- Attend outside events and seminars.
- Take part in weekly staff meetings.
The experience at Convergence will:
- Provide exposure to issues surrounding criminal justice, mass incarceration, and recidivism.
- Provide exposure to policy making on local, state and federal levels.
- Provide experience in coordinating meetings with high-level academics, analysts, and stakeholders.
- Provide the opportunity to attend roundtable discussions and meetings to listen and learn.
- Cultivate a deeper awareness of self, skills, and interests.
- Educate about the process of consensus building.
- Have an interest in, knowledge of, and possibly experience with, criminal justice, mass incarceration, and recidivism issues.
- Be able to commit to at least 20 hours per week. Full time, 40 hours per week, highly preferred.
- Possess strong administrative and logistical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines.
- Be flexible and proactive concerning work assignments.
- Work well independently or as a team.
- Have a strong command of written and spoken English.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be fluent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This is an unpaid position, though interns are reimbursed commuting costs up to $7 per each working day.
Convergence Center for Policy Resolution is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.