TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY INTERNSHIPS NATIONWIDE
COMTO's Careers In Transportation for Youth (CITY) Internship Program provides minority college students with a unique opportunity to gain professional and practical experience in the transportation industry.
The CITY Intern Program is a 10-week paid internship open to rising college juniors and seniors, and first-year graduate students, from all academic disciplines who are interested in pursuing or exploring careers in the transportation industry. The program is designed to develop interns' professional and teamwork skills, and provide opportunities for leadership and decision-making. Interns are paired with a local COMTO mentor, and placed at a public transportation agency or private company doing business in transportation, where they will explore a variety of transportation-related career opportunities. Interns will also attend COMTO's National Meeting and Training Conference for an intensive leadership training seminar in July.
CITY Internship positions are available in 30+ cities across the United States. Housing is not available. Applicants must reside or attend school in/near the internship location to be eligible. Applicants may apply to no more than 2 internship locations:
Birmingham, AL; Phoenix, AZ; Los Angeles, CA; Oakland, CA; Denver, CO; Newington, CT; Washington, DC; Wilmington, DE; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Jacksonville, FL; Miami, FL; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Boston, MA; Baltimore, MD; Detroit, MI; Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO; Newark, NJ; New York, NY; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Portland, OR; Philadelphia, PA; Austin, TX; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; San Antonio, TX; Seattle, WA.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must belong to an underrepresented or minority group
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited institution of higher education
- Must be enrolling as a college junior, senior, or first-year graduate student in the coming Fall academic term at an accredited institution of higher education
- Must have, and show proof of, a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- Must reside or attend school in/near the internship area
- Must be available to travel to, and participate in, National Meeting & Training Conference July 14-17, 2017 in Detroit, MI
Please visit www.comto.org/city for more information and to apply.