The Communications intern works closely with the Communications team. The intern divides their time between communications, database management, and social media support as well as providing general office administration and project support. The Communications Intern is responsible for supporting the communications team in the development of content across platforms (including email, website, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other channels) and supporting the development of associated projects.
The Communications intern will also work collaboratively on a broad range of tasks including, but not limited to: monitoring social media channels, updating various databases, and reviewing articles related to citizen diplomacy, public diplomacy, nonprofit leadership and international education and exchange. During the course of the semester, the Communications intern may be offered the opportunity to provide support to Global Ties U.S. exchange programs, which falls outside of the regular internship scope of work.Essential Duties and Functions Communications, Design, Publications, and Social Media Support
- Conduct environmental scan of relevant events and articles related to citizen diplomacy, public diplomacy, nonprofit leadership and international education and exchange
- Monitor relevant social media channels
- Draft and develop content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) posts
- Draft and develop website updates
- Uses Salesforce regularly to update information; enter data into Salesforce and assists in management of databases.
- Communications background: Ideal candidate has experience in writing for the web, email, social media, and general editing skills.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience with graphic design (Ideally with Adobe Creative Suites, including InDesign, Photoshop)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work beyond the parameters of a job description
- Maturity and a sense of humor
- Background and interest in citizen diplomacy, public diplomacy, nonprofit leadership, global engagement, or international education and exchange preferred