Summer 2017 Education Reimagined Intern
Education Reimagined seeks an individual who is passionate about transforming education so that every child is thriving and ready to fulfill their potential. We are a small, nimble, and collaborative team working in the emerging field of education transformation. We function much like a start-up in both pace and activities.
In this environment, interns play an integral role in supporting the team to fulfill on its mission and activities.
Interns should expect to:
• Perform substantive research on learner-centered environments, efforts, and stakeholders
• Engage in and take notes on interviews and conversations with influential education stakeholders
• Support staff for regular convenings, including material preparation, logistics management, and note-taking
• Take part in weekly Convergence staff and Education Reimagined team meetings
• Assist in administrative tasks, as needed
• Possess strong writing skills and the ability to craft messages to multi-stakeholder audiences
• Be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills
• Be flexible with regard to work assignments
• Work well individually and with others and be able to positively receive and integrate feedback
• Be fluent with Microsoft Office Suite (Pages and Keynote, a plus)
• Experience working in or with a school, district, or learning environment, a plus
Skills & Dispositions
• You are excited about and eager to learn more about learner-centered education, as expressed in our vision, and the transformation of the education system already underway across the country.
• You have a deep appreciation and understanding of the wide range of learner diversity and the challenges and opportunities of meeting and supporting all learners, regardless of diversity, background, and circumstance.
• You are interested in exploring varying mindsets, school models, and key players within learning environments around the US.
• You are comfortable working with a small, highly collaborative team and are willing to pitch in whenever and wherever needed.
• You can work iteratively—often within vague and emerging circumstances.
• You are able to perform and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks in fast-changing circumstances.
• You have a strong interest in Convergence's mission and aspirations to create social change through collaboration and relationship-building.
About Education Reimagined and Convergence
Education Reimagined is an initiative of Convergence committed to making learner-centered education available to every child in the US. Our purpose is to accelerate the growth and impact of the learnercentered education movement by:
• Finding and encouraging learner-centered pioneers who are already at work in communities, school systems, policy arenas, and the education profession, so as to grow the number of active champions of learner-centered education
• Bringing diverse movement pioneers together who wouldn't otherwise engage with one another and creating the conditions for their effective collaboration and innovation; and
• Sharing the possibility of learner-centered education with a broad spectrum of education stakeholder groups, so as to attract new pioneers and to grow support for pioneering efforts.
Read our vision and learn more at www.education-reimagined.org.
Convergence is a national non-profit that convenes people and groups with conflicting views to build trust, identify solutions, and form alliances for action on critical national issues. It hosts projects on a broad range of issues, such as education, long-term care financing, poverty and economic mobility, and nutrition and wellness. It achieves outcomes through structured, facilitated dialogue and long-term relationship building, shifting the focus from winning the debate to collectively seeking solutions.
Read more at www.convergencepolicy.org.
Convergence Center for Policy Resolution is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.