Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Education Coordinator in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management. The Education Coordinator will be responsible for closely collaborating with the Assistant Director at the Universities at Shady Grove Center in Regional Center Operations to provide academic and administrative support, community outreach, and full-service student advising for the purpose of creating a world-class student service environment and experience. Responsibilities of the Education Coordinator include the use of independent judgment to support and advise students on their educational pursuits while helping them to achieve their academic goals. Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required. Occasional weekend hours are required.
- Hours are Monday through Thursday 10:30am - 7:00pm, Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- This position will be located in Rockville, MD.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Deliver full-service and world-class advising to students, including academic and financial guidance to students in and around the Shady Grove area.
- Implement strategic outreach activities based on this information, and in line with the university's strategic growth initiatives.
- Provide support to Assistant Director in managing the on-site facility.
- Manage on-campus events, as well as participate in UMUC-sponsored events in the community.
- Utilize business intelligence and performance metrics to plan for desired outcomes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years of experience providing quality customer service to customers/students/clients, preferably with an enrollment management capacity in higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience working independently and possess a self-motivated, organized, upbeat and outgoing personality with a desire to encourage others to succeed; and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.