Digital User Experience
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 3.4
University of Maryland University College seeks a Web Architect. Reporting to the Director, Digital Initiatives, the Web Architect is responsible for designing, architecting, and planning and overseeing interactive technologies and applications. This includes ensuring that ongoing administrative and maintenance needs are considered and accounted for in the development of new web based products and features.
Possesses expertise in development, testing, and operationally supporting large scale web applications. Works with Development, Project Management, User Experience, and Quality Assurance teams to create complex web interfaces that make UMUC students interactions with the school easier and more fulfilling. Serves as a team leader and provides guidance to less experienced staff.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
- Defines and documents architecture and technical approach to front end development projects.
- Maintains consistent technical approach to architecture and front end solutions.
- Performs code, environment, and design reviews to ensure quality work is being done.
- Analyzes impact of change requests to web architecture and projects.
- Helps define and revise processes related to Agile Software Development practices already in place.
- Works with others to develop and implement proprietary content & data management systems built with various technologies into new and existing websites.
- Works in several development frameworks including Cold Fusion, Java, JQuery, AJAX, JSON, and XML.
- Works with a variety of database systems including MySQL and Oracle.
- Participates and leads discussions on processes concerning the architecture of new applications to meet client needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and 8 or more years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.