Senior Maintenance Supervisor
1 day left
- Full Time
- Schedules and assigns work to crews and individuals on a daily basis.
- Recommends priorities for the performance inspection, maintenance and repair operations.
- Inspects work sites to determine scope of work to comply with adopted program service levels.
- Reviews all completed assignments to ensure the quality of work performed.
- Generates relevant computer reports as well as written reports and correspondence.
- Prepares and discusses performance appraisals, recommended salary actions, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Participates in recruitment processes and makes recommendations for hire.
- Investigates citizen complaints.
- Researches property ownership, easement and right-of-way through use of county's computer system, approved development plans and other county records as necessary.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations for subordinates in the field.
- Supervises snow removal operations.
- Reads blue prints related to site work and set grades.
- Uses and oversees the use of heavy equipment such as: excavators, loaders, backhoes, and skid steers.
Any combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to the following: high school diploma or GED issued by a state department of education, and four years of increasingly responsible experience related to the maintenance of municipal facilities and infrastructure from either a public or private organization.
The ideal candidate possesses the following: knowledge of hydrology and hydraulics used in storm drainage, stormwater management and flood control facilities. General knowledge of the use of construction equipment and specialized trades including welding, carpentry, and small engine repair.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Possession of a valid Class "B" or greater Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Is required to satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and a medical examination, CDL background check to the satisfaction of the employer. Pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug and alcohol testing is mandatory.
Note: (1) Be on 24 hour call for emergency response as flooding and snow removal. As required, call out personnel for emergency response outside of regular work hours to ensure adequate resources for emergency. (2) Is required to report to alternative work locations based on the type of project.
With or without reasonable accommodation. Pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing in and out of catch basins and manholes (Including, removal and replacement of manhole covers which weigh up to 50 pounds.) Physically and mentally able to use all applicable personal protective equipment in an outdoor environment; including hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear, long pants, sleeved shirt, and personal fall arrest harness. Must be physically and mentally capable of performing confined space entry operations with entry via 21" manholes with vertical descent using integral or portable ladders. Entry includes use of all applicable protective equipment and documentation. Protective equipment specific to confined space work includes hard hat, eye protection, safety toe boots, personal fall arrest harness, emergency retrieval systems, and atmospheric monitoring equipment.
Panel Interview and may include exercise.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.