Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or task(s).
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned task(s), including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned task(s).
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 5-8 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
* The Project Manager must have at least five (5) years of hands-on experience in managing complex IT- projects valued over $250,000 and/or affecting 500 or more users.
* Basic understanding of various virtualization technology principles and cloud computing.
* Demonstrated experience in planning and developing methods, procedures, and policies concerning telecommunications systems and implementing telecommunication projects
* Working knowledge of MS Project
* Active TS/SCI clearance
* PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) and ITIL Foundation certifications.
* Experience in briefing senior level personnel is a plus.
* Good verbal and written communication skills is highly desired.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.