Quality Assurance Process Manager
This job position is compliance critical and responsibilities include ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate, and government regulatory requirements. The QA Process Manager will ensure compliance with local policies, practices, and procedures to support and maintain the QMS requirements. The QA Process Manager will interface directly with program and project management, Government technical staff and customers to provide status and progress reports, identify issues, and determine appropriate resolution actions. The QA Process Manager will promulgate special safety precautions and conduct special briefings for senior management, safety teams, and contractor personnel.
The QA Process Manager will develop the QA Inspection processes to ensure the organization can consistently deliver required performance.
* Conduct a thorough review of quality requirements to identify the controls, processes, skills, fixtures, tools, and test equipment necessary to ensure product quality. Conduct the planning review to update inspection and testing techniques, instrumentation, and manufacturing methods and processes.
* Document and update all processes used to fabricate, assemble, modify, install, and test products to include all the written procedures and work instructions to the employees required to perform the specific tasks. Ensure all procedures and work instructions are consistent with the Company’s quality management system.
* Prepare a contractor’s Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), approved by the Program Manager, which demonstrates conformance to the directed quality standards. The QAP would address all areas of work to be performed under any Task Order to include hardware and software systems engineering, integration and installation, configuration management, and logistics and documentation. Periodically update the QAP as changes in program processes and procedures are identified.
* Prepare and submit an Inspection System Plan (ISP).
* Establish strategic vision and direction for all Program quality systems
* Ensure continual evolution and advancement of standards and requirements for quality processes, including operational oversight and continuous improvement for proactive quality management.
* Oversee quality system processes such as Quality Agreements; Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA); supplier chain quality; and product complaints.
* Facilitate internal and third party audits as required.
* Manage and develop QA staff and processes related to release of finished goods and shipboard installation work.
* Responsible for development of metrics, management of data and presentation of data to senior company management and government customers.
* Participate in project performance team (TDL?) meetings in order to provide ideas, methods, or processes for unit/company performance improvement.
* Collaborate internally and externally to determine department requirements and ensure they are met.
* Develop SOP’s as required to formalize internal processes and manage/ensure internal process training.
* Assist in identifying high-value, continuous improvement opportunities.
* Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards.
* Perform other job related duties assigned
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, quality management, project management, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
1. 5-10 years of related quality assurance experience.
2. Professional or internal certification(s) may be required, depending on job assignment.
3. Demonstrated experience with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9000 - Quality Management Processes desired
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.