TS Cleared Senior Systems Engineer
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. The candidate will install, configure, check, and implement components of a Nation Wide Enterprise
3. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis while review the site utilization, workload, and for making a technical justification for additional resources to maintain optimal efficiency.
4. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements related to customer initiatives.
5. Maintain all networking, storage , virtualization, and other components of the customer's enclaves within their site.
6. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
7. Evaluate effectiveness of existing technologies, and considering emerging technologies. The candidate will explore emerging technology encountered in the field, through independent research.
8. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems of hardware and software systems utilized throughout the program.
9. Develop and update documentation on new or exsisting systems to include design, conofiguration, and network diagrams.
10. Develop and conduct testing of modernization technologies to existing production environments to ensure systems meet documented requirements.
11. Provide technical documentation of components of the customer's environments.
12. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
13. Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
14. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
15. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
18. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
19. Masters Degree preferred.
20. Experience with Windows 2012 R2, managing Active Directory Services at an enterprise level and Network Operations Monitoring.
21. Familiar File Services
22. Experience with PowerShell creating and managing scripts
23. Experience with Virtualization and clustering, Hyper-V highly desired
24. Familiar with SAN/NAS configurations
25. MCSE certification desired
26.10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.