Princ Analyst, Info Security
The Candidate is responsible for safegaurding Sensitive and/or Classified Data to include maintaining classification guidance for systems, providing classified handling, processing and discussion guidance. Manage the Vulnerability Management Process via the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS). Perform IA Self-Assessment Security Review to ensure compliance. Develop/maintain disaster recovery plan. Ensure that an adequate IT Security Program is in place (SOPs, User Guides, Training, STIG and IAVM compliance etc.). Ensure systems are registered and compliant. Review, document and approve requirements for shared/service accounts. Provide technical security expertise in planning, preparing and executing the DoDIN connection approval requirements for DOD Service and Agency Information Systems. This work also includes Connection Compliance Assessment efforts, assessing the local subscriber environment information system and technology's security posture for compliance with policies and directives. Prepare letters recommending the government grant Approval Authority to Operate (IATO/ATO) to the DoD networks.
This shall include but not limited to the following:
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
* Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
* Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Assists the Information Assurance Manager on all aspects of DoD network authority/certificate to operate for the NDU enterprise; including DIACAP documentation and certifications.
* Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures
* Recommends IA/IS solutions to support customer requirements
* Identifies; reports; and resolves security violations
* Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user; policy; regulatory; and resource demands
* Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure
* Supports certification and accreditation activities in support of NDU systems; sites; and networks
* Coordinates with DISA or other outside entities in support of audits and inspections and provides any required documentation in support of such audits/inspections
* Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
* Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
* Additionally, the candidate must have a current CISSP or CASP Certification to meet the baseline requirements for IAM III level under 8570.01M.
* Must pocess an In-depth knowledge of Information Assurance practices within DoD and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process including various security tools (ACAS, HBSS, etc).
* Additional computer environment certifications like Server 2012, UNIX Solaris 10, CCNA-Security, CCNA-Voice, CCNP are a plus.
* 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.