Lead Technician, Help Desk - TS/SCI Ft. Meade, MD
Ft Meade - TS/SCI
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software on multiple networks environment supporting Windows 7/10 and Server 2012 R2 Platform
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems. Uses multiple trouble ticketing systems to open, track and close tickets.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
12. 5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations, Windows Operating Systems and Active Directory
13. Requires baseline certificate - current COMPTIA Security + CE or GFL or higher
14. Requires computing environment certificate - Windows Server 2012 R2 (any of three)
15. If candidate has a current IAT I certificate, they would be allowed 60 days to obtain the required IAT Level II certification.
16. Experience with Remedy, DEPO, iPhones/iPads desired
17. Will need to pass a provided Counter Intelligence Polygraph and Foreign Contacts background check.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.