Client Accounting Manager
Looking for a managerial role at an energetic & passionate company? Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, a Bethesda, MD CPA Firm is in search of a Client Accounting Manager to join our team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Client Accounting Manager is responsible for managing multiple client services projects and engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing, and coordinating of engagement workflow and quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a wide variety of accounting services to clients.
- Responsible for all phases of a client services reviews and engagements.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client’s business.
- Keeps partner informed of significant developments on engagements; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client.
- Ensures that client financial statements and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with professional and firm standards.
- Communicates details of fees to clients and assists in collection of overdue accounts.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the job training; reviews work papers and reports.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic & political trends and legislation that could affect the business climate and the clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA is required.
- 7-10 years or more experience in public accounting or private industry, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed. A concentration in nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Strong proficiency in QuickBooks with Microsoft Dynamics and Intacct preferred.
- Organize projects, set priorities and delegate tasks under constantly changing circumstances for different clients & partners.
- Assume lead role in planning and implementing assigned projects
- Keep long term objectives in mind while focusing on daily activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm and client information.
This is a full time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include company match 401(k) plan, paid individual medical and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!