Support the activities of the ASHA PR unit.
- At the discretion of the PR Director, assist with the development, planning and management of PR activities, campaigns, programs, and events; also contact and work with external entities including school administrators, government officials, performers, and contractors in the furtherance of PR unit goals.
- Respond to inquiries from ASHA members and external parties with regard to PR activities; fulfill requests for information and materials for use furthering ASHA PR activities.
- Produce PR internal newsletter Tracks that documents ASHA PR unit activities and accomplishments.
- Manage the Better Hearing and Speech member products program; work with the vendor, coordinate the product promotion, monitor and report on program developments.
- Help research topics or subjects that are relevant to achieving the goals of the ASHA PR unit.
- Manage content of ASHA's online Press Room; the site of the National Association for Hearing and Speech Action (NAHSA), ASHA's consumer affiliate; and PR's ASHAnet site in role as sole PR team Web Liaison.
- At the discretion of the PR Director, assist with the operation and management of NAHSA, ASHA's consumer affiliate.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- At least 2–3 years of experience in a professional setting, preferably in public relations in the non-profit/association world
- BA/BS degree in journalism, communications, or related field is highly desired
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/KnowledgeS
- High degree of computer/technological proficiency required
- Very strong PR writing skills
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Focused; very detail-oriented and organized
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Communicates well with internal and external parties alike
- Takes initiative
- Meets deadlines
- Works quickly and carefully
- Supportive and cooperative team player
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.