Jr. Systems Architect
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
* Has recent experience with design, development, coding, testing, and debugging complex new software products, and/or making significant enhancements to existing software products.
* Has some knowledge of, and interest in further mastering system architecture and enterprise architecture strategies, methods and tools. (e.g. UML, DoDAF, FEA)
* Researches and applies design strategies, product selection analysis, and end user needs and expectations into software engineering work products.
* Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
* Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
* Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
* Has experience analyzing and giving advice to system/hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
* Has experience in and string skills in preparing documentation on technical analyses, architecture and design decisions.
* Provides guidance on to software and hardware engineers to assure that architectural design and enterprise engineering standards are understood and adhered to.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Assist Enterprise and System Architects to interpret business process work flows to derive objective testable functional and non-functional system requirements and engineering constraints on applications.
* Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
This is a possible remote work opportunity.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 5-8 years of related software development experience.
* 7 plus years of related software engineering and design experience.
* Must be able to pass a Public Trust Level 5 background investigation
* Familiarity with Unified Modelling Language (UML) required
* Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture methods such as DoDAF and FEA highly desired
* Knowledge of the architecture of Electronic Health Record, Health Information Exchange, and/or Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) products such as the VistA electronic health record, the Resource Patient Management System (RPMS), the ONC IHE model, or other Healthcare IT systems highly desired.
* Familiarity with Health Level 7 Massaging Version 2 (HL7 V2), Clinical Document Architecture (CDA), Digital Imaging and Communication in Medicine (DICOM), and/or Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Cross Community Access (XCA) and Cross Community Document Sharing (XDS) protocols highly desired.
* Working knowledge of MS Team Foundation is preferred
* An understanding of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) is highly desired
* Advanced knowledge of software architecture principles, methods, and techniques.
* Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.