Inventory Control/Reorder Buyer
While this job announcement has a closing date of 3/17/2017, this vacancy also has a 150 applicant limit. The vacancy will close at 11:59 pm of the closing date or if the application limit has been met before the closing date, whichever comes first.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT TO ENSURE THAT YOU APPLY CORRECTLY AND THAT YOU PROVIDE THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.
- Not Required
In order to be qualified, applicants must possess at least one year of the appropriate level of specialized experience. Specialized experience is demonstrated experience with retail merchandising, buying and product development including decision making responsibility for your assigned categories. Such experience must also demonstrate problem solving, developing logistical solutions to improve the efficiency of operations, and increasing profitability of an organization in excess of $8 million.
Candidates must reflect in their submitted USAJOBS résumés the possession of this specialized experience. If their résumé does not include such specialized experience, they will be ineligible for this position.
Those applicants who meet the listed specialized experience requirement will be evaluated against these factors to determine the best-qualified candidates. Applicants must describe their possession of each of these factors individually in a one to two page cover letter as a part of their application package.
- Thorough knowledge of retail inventory control and purchasing processes.
- Working knowledge of merchandising math.
- Working knowledge of accepted retail practices including vendor pricing, discounting and shipping options.
- Knowledge of the practices of the book industry, including publisher pricing, marketing, book discounting, and sales representation; familiarity with remainders and overstocks; understanding of backlist selling trends; publisher co-op; and Edelweiss publishers’ online catalog use.
- Experience working in retail environment with emphasis in the areas of merchandising, purchasing and/or inventory control.
- Working knowledge of retail inventory control systems (e.g. Teamwork), Microsoft and Excel experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Art History and/or experience working in a museum or other non-profit retail setting.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
Incumbent’s work is generally sedentary.
Public Trust - Background Investigation