Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service, as we prepare for a second century of stewardship and engagement. Become a part of our mission to connect with our past and create important connections to the future by building a rich and lasting legacy for the next generation of park visitors, supporters, and advocates.
This position is located in the Division of Maintenance at the Wolf Trap National Park in Vienna, Virginia. Wolf Trap National Park located in Vienna, Virginia, is the only national park dedicated to presenting the performing arts. No matter what your age or taste in shows, you'll find something you like onstage at Wolf Trap. From May through September, multiple amphitheaters in the park present performances such as musicals, dance, opera, jazz, popular and country music. Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts offers a wealth of natural and cultural resources to the community and to the nation. Wolf Trap National Park is located in Vienna, Virginia approximately twenty miles west of Washington, D.C. There is no public transportation or temporary housing available.
The primary purpose of the position is to perform manual labor tasks involving the use of common hand-tools and simple power equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Exerts moderately physical effort, occasionally lifting and carrying heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds; frequently lifting and carrying moderately heavy objects up to 40 pounds, and frequently pushing heavy objects such as furniture on dollies and various art work, artifacts, etc.WORK ENVIRONMENT: Outside work is usually performed under all kinds of weather conditions. Indoor work is often accomplished in office buildings or in well-lighted, heated and ventilated areas such as warehouses, loading docks, or trade shops/ Frequently exposed to weather and temperature extremes, drafts, noise, dust and dirt and the possibility pf bruises, muscle strains, cuts and scrapes. Work requires the employee to follow proper safety procedures and use standard safety equipment such as gloves, ear protection, safety goggles, and steel-toe shoes to avoid possible hazards in the work area.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION. Please read the entire announcement before you apply. To view the entire announcement, select "Print" above "Job Summary."
- Not Required
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following by the closing date of the vacancy announcement: Friday, March 24, 2017
SCREEN OUT FACTOR (MANDATORY): Ability to do the work of a Laborer WG-3502-02, without more than normal supervision.
This is the ability to perform the full range of common labor duties associated with more than one trade such as mechanical, gardening, custodial and other trades appropriate to this position. Perform these duties on own initiate with only general supervision subject to occasional inspection. Able to troubleshoot and take initiative to solve problems and take the initiative to solve problems and accomplish work assignments in a safe manner. Knowledge of a variety of technical trade terminology tools, and equipment in more than one area. Possess a strong work ethic, dexterity and able to perform strenuous work as required by the position. Possess the ability to use a computer, maintain records and perform simple arithmetic calculations.
Applicants who do not meet the SCREEN OUT ELEMENT will not be given further consideration.
Resume must reflect the responses to the online questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, etc.) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious, spiritus); community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translate directly to paid employment. You may receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Appointment will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Under the requirements of the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), all new Federal Employees must pass a background investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- To be eligible for appointment to this position, the new hire must be cleared to come on board once the results of the fingerprint check, review of the OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and the candidate's Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (eQIP) entries have been reviewed and determined to be satisfactory. A credit check may be required for this position if any financial issues arise during the background investigation process.
- New employees of the Department of the Interior must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of net pay within 30 days of entrance on duty.
- NPS uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with National Park Service uniform standards.
- Applicants must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license or District of Columbia driver's license.
- This is not a drug tested position; however all Federal government employees are subject to reasonable suspicious testing as appropriate.
- Applicant must be able to work alternative work schedules, shift rotations, including night shift, holidays, and weekends.
- Incumbent will be required to work outdoors, often under adverse conditions.
Q - Nonsensitive