Director, National Coalition Institute & Vice President of Training Operations
Director, National Coalition Institute – Vice President, Training Operations
Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA),
625 Slaters Lane, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314
This employee reports to: Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO), CADCA
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt (on-site; no satellite working conditions)
Dual Position Summary:
The Director, National Community Anti-Drug Coalition Institute (The Institute) is responsible for the sustainment and growth of The Institute to make existing coalitions more effective and to expand the number of community coalitions, with an emphasis on the development of coalitions serving economically disadvantaged areas of the country.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Providing education, training, and technical assistance for coalition leaders and community teams, with emphasis on the development of coalitions serving economically disadvantaged areas;
- Developing and disseminating to the field evaluation tools, mechanisms, and measures to assess and document coalition performance measures and outcomes;
- ‘Bridging the Gap’ between research and practice by translating knowledge from research into practical information for substance abuse prevention practitioners and interested audiences
- Managing the Institute’s deputy directors and staff
- Forge partnership/coordination with ONDCP, SAMSHA and other Federal Partners
- Develop and manage the Institute budget
The Vice President, Training Operations, CADCA, is responsible for the sustainment and growth of training, youth programs and special initiatives across the spectrum of the universal substance abuse prevention field. In so doing, the incumbent will refine, oversee, execute, and lead the planning and accomplishment of training to accomplish related elements of CADCA’s Strategic Plan.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Serves as a member of the CADCA Senior and Executive Leadership Team
- Provide short- and long-term strategic direction and planning for training, youth programs and special initiatives
- Serve as a direct contact with community-based organizations; professional associations; corporate representatives and elected officials and others to both evaluate and improve CADCA initiatives -programs-products related to training
- Develop and maintain proactive partnership involvement process (plan) for the CADCA staff, the CADCA Coalition Advisory Committee (CAC), and with community coalitions
- Serve as key stakeholder in developing and implementing a joint-venture strategy leveraging the synergy between governments, businesses, colleges, universities, and communities.
- Serve as key advisor to Chairman/CEO and COO regarding community involvement and special partnership initiatives such as youth leadership, workforce development; as well as the integration of faith-based, military, veterans and other initiatives into community coalitions
- Conduct on-site presentations, briefings and public relations promotional encounters as needed with those who influence and – or benefit from CADCA partnership and services
- Supervise and manage department staff; develop and assure that performance-management goals are established with staff and performance reviews are timely
- Publish annual business plan for the department to support the overall goals and objectives of CADCA
- Oversee the creation, management and adherence to departmental budget that provides for goals attainment
- Provide monthly reports to the Chairman/CEO and COO – addressing progress, challenges, and pragmatic results
- Managing the training department’s staff
- Performs other duties as directed by the Executive VP/COO and Chairman/CEO
- Documented leadership experience
- Documented experience in developing high performance, functional teams/organizations
- Demonstrated experience in the development and training of community coalitions/partnerships
- The ability to inspire and influence others
- Advanced level verbal communication and writing skills
- Display High Integrity and Honesty
- Proven Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Knowledge prowess in Relationship building at work and in business relationships
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing government, corporate, or community partnerships; or equivalent departments. Multiple department responsibilities preferred.
- Extensive executive and project management experience and bachelor’s degree required in business, public relations, communications, government affairs, public policy, political science, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus
- Proven experience with media relations, corporate communications, community relations, government relations and issues management
- Comprehensive understanding of community and partnership development principles and their impact on community coalitions
- Comprehensive understanding of legislative, regulatory, and political processes at local, state and federal levels
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, directing, and managing large-scale, complex initiatives utilizing public and private funding and resource leveraging
Amount of Travel – approximately 30% annually
Condition of Employment: This executive level position is very intellectually demanding, requiring superior leadership, management, organization, and professional skills. Ability to travel while simultaneously accomplishing all position requirements is critical to success. International travel as assigned.
To Apply: Applicants are to submit their letter of interest and resume/CV, in MS Word Format, to Dr. John Harrison, Special Assistant to the Chairman and CEO, CADCA. It is highly recommended that your cover letter include examples of past accomplishments and current initiatives that you believe exemplify your qualifications for this demanding position. Dr. Harrison will acknowledge receipt of each application. You will be later notified if an interview is desired by CADCA. No telephone inquires, please. Principals only. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes submitted otherwise will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until April 5, 2017.