Founded in 1821, The George Washington University is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 employees. The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication, respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university. The University is currently seeking qualified applicants for Electrician position.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs preventive maintenance repairs on electrical systems, lighting systems, and equipment in and around buildings.
- Installs wiring, electrical systems, lighting systems in and around buildings, power
- appliances, electrical machinery, and equipment according to written job orders.
Reports to and answers to emergency call-backs.
- Performs other work related duties as requested. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
The Electrician may work around and/or with machine tools that present certain dangers, and all safety precautions must be followed.
Minimum Qualifications are the following:
Licensure as a journeyman electrician by the District of Columbia is necessary.
High school diploma/GED, or equivalent combination of training and experience, is necessary plus 1.5 years of relevant experience.
To apply, please go to: http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/39106
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.