The Association for Talent Development (ATD) is the world's largest association dedicated to the training and development profession. We are currently looking for an Associate Editor. This position reports to the Editorial Manager and is responsible for editing print and non-print products on schedule.
- Proofing and editing grammar, spelling, typos, content and context, style, formatting, usage, and consistency for print and non-print products
- Editing all external messaging of ATD marketing material and ATD Education program materials
- Copy editing and proofreading ATD books, research reports, program guides, and catalogs
- 3 years related experience editing marketing, promotional, and informational publications.
- Book editing experience a plus.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style or accustomed to working with specific style guides.
- Experience with marketing copywriting a plus. Will be responsible for supporting and working directly with the Marketing department.
- Experience with social media (Instagram and Twitter) a plus.
- BS or BA in English, Journalism or equivalent.
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all of our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ATD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Disabled/Veterans), and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.