The position of Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the VP and other team members working within the team or unit, as determined by the VP. The assistance provided will facilitate the VP’s engagement with the team, the wider organization, and with external audiences. The assistant will be responsible for scheduling, maintaining an up to date and organized filing system, drafting communications, and will ensure that office procedures are understood and followed. S/he will also organize meetings, events, travel, and team or unit activities. The position may be required to draft presentations for the team or VP and may participate in projects, as needed.
The position will serve as back-up for other team assistants to ensure administrative coverage across the office at all times.
- Management of electronic and hard copy information flow and the streamlining of office procedures, inclusive of confidential and sensitive information
- Maintenance of team schedules and contacts; keeping contacts up to date and ensuring accessibility to all
- Arrangement of appointments and meetings which may include taking notes or summarizing action items; responsible for following up on such action items
- Assistance with travel arrangements and details regarding travel
- Maintenance and tracking of external contacts including input of business contact information and key information about the individuals
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for appointments and meetings
- Review of budget vs actual reporting, formatting budgets, and reporting on results or areas of concern to budget manager
- Preparation of written materials or all staff notices, relevant to team information
- Maintaining contracts and invoices and working in collaboration with Finance and other teams to ensure a smooth and effective work flow
- Pick-up and delivery of daily hard copy mail, orders supplies, makes copies, files, and general office assistance
- Assists with guests, inclusive of ensuring proper introductions and logistical support
- Assists with building security protocols
- Assists with facilities projects and interfaces with facilities staff and office management staff
- Acts as support to Board members and CEO, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Team VP
Our Offer to you
Plan is a child-centered community development organization working with communities in over 50 countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. We invite our staff to embrace Plan’s mission, working in partnership with management, peers, donors, and other supporters in an effort to make lasting change for children and families around the world.
We aspire to five core values that help us define our culture and to inform our business decisions: Accountability, Passion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence - AsPIRE. Plan expects all staff to exhibit and embrace these values in every part of their work lives.
We are committed to adhering to Plan’s Child Protection Standards and protecting the wellbeing of children in any situation that may arise. The protection of children is everyone’s responsibility.
Plan offers opportunities for growth and development through internal and external training opportunities. We value the ideas and opinions of staff at any level and provide forums in which those can be shared with others.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and follows all laws associated with the EEOC.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Good writing, editing, and communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail and commitment to a high-quality work product
- Strong proficiency in information technology, including Windows-based software (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Access a plus)
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism; collaborative
- Ability to work on several projects at once and prioritize projects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated and shows an understanding of value of administration in keeping an office running smoothly
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and sensitivity in a variety of situations
Education and Experience
- Preference given to Associates or BA Degree; High School degree required
- 3+ years’ experience in administrative or office management experience
- Demonstrated technical capacity required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Limited domestic travel may be required; not greater than 10 percent