Sr Telecom Analyst - TS SCI req'd
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration and preventative maintenance of cryptographic, voice, network equipment and VTC suites/or network computer equipment.
- Answers inquiries and troubleshoots software and hardware failures either in person or remotely. Performs hardware and software moves, adds, and changes. Installs or makes repairs to existing cable/fiber infrastructure as needed. Ensures systems and related equipment are in working condition. Maintains records on repairs, downtime changes, and updates.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Maintain customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner as well as providing technical support and training to customers.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers and team members.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Desired skills • Experience with routers such as Juniper, Foundry, and Brocade • Experience with Cisco video teleconferencing equipment Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of hire date. As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.