Medical Technologist I
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
•\tWorks with infectious and hazardous substances.
•\tBe capable of performing major and minor instrument troubleshooting;
•\tAssuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the
laboratory's established performance specifications;
•\tMonitoring testing analyses and specimen examination to ensure that acceptable levels
of analytic performance are maintained;
•\tEnsuring that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been
taken and the test system is properly functioning;
•\tProviding orientation to testing personnel;
•\tIncorporates Trinity's mission and goals and the Organization Integrity Plan into daily
•\tPerforms other related duties as assigned.
•\tMust submit to fingerprinting and FBI criminal history check.Job Description Details:
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
Bachelor of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology (Medical Technology), biological, chemical or related science; and satisfactory completion of a clinical laboratory educational rotation;
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university including courses in biological science, chemistry and mathematics -and- successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technologist program.
3. A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including 16
semester hours (24 quarter hours) of biological science (with one semester in
microbiology), 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of chemistry, one semester (one
quarter) of mathematics, -and- one year of full time acceptable clinical laboratory
experience in Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and/or
Clinical Microscopy within the last ten years. Clinical rotations or professional experience
must be under the supervision of a pathologist (certified by the American Board of
Pathology) or an appropriately board certified medical scientist and a certified medical
4. New Graduate to 5 years of experience in Clinical Laboratory Setting.
5. Current or eligible ASCP, AMT, or NCA certification as a Medical Technologist desirable
but not necessary with documented training and education. Can consider previously
certified Medical Technologists, who met the credentialing requirements by the
Department of Health Education and Welfare (HEW certified MT).
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Strong knowledge of laboratory methodologies, interpretation of results, quality
assurance, and CMS regulations preferred;
2. Ability to work in harmony with other personnel;
3. Must have visual acuity, to include depth perception and color discrimination;
4. Demonstrates basic computer literacy;
5. Demonstrates comprehension, skill, and command of oral and written English Language
1. Must have manual dexterity to process laboratory specimens.
2. Must have visual acuity, to include depth perception and color discrimination.
3. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with a telephone.
4. Must be able to lift and stock supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
5. Must be physically able to transport specimens, supplies, reports, etc.
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.