Student Trainee (Engineering and Architecture) (Internship)
- Full Time
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program.
The Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students currently enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work and get paid while exploring federal careers through a job with the Department of Army.To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: the Internship Program page on the Office of Personnel Management's website.
Who May Apply:
- Department of the Army Internship Program Eligible.
- Positions are open to current students in college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate on a full or half time basis.
- Students must reside or attend a qualifying educational institution within the local commuting area of York, Pennsylvania; Baltimore, MD; or Washington, DC. The local commuting area is the geographic area in which people live and can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily to their usual employment.
- Not Required
To qualify for a Pathways Internship at the GS-03, students must have completed one full academic year of post-high school study. The completed education must be used to meet the requirements for a Bachelor's Degree specializing in or directly related to engineering or architecture. One year of study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent at an accredited college or university. YOU MUST ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. THESE TRANSCRIPTS MUST SHOW THE NUMBER OF CREDITS YOU HAVE COMPLETED AND THE NUMBER OF CREDITS YOU ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN FOR THE SPRING 2017 SEMESTER. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE STATUS.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities)in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Engineering and Mathematics
- Skill in Written Communication
- Skill in Automated Systems
- Ability to Perform Office Support
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.htmlForeign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Click here for more information.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
Personnel security investigation required.
This is a Career Program (CP) 18 position.
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
One year trial/probationary period may be required.
Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
Required to sign a Pathways Internship Participant Agreement.
To be eligible for the Pathways Internship Program, you must be enrolled on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution for Spring 2015 and be in good academic standing.